In this blog post, I want to talk about my adventure in an ancient place.I and my best friend decided to take an expedite out of the city.We decided to visit an ancient place that not everyone knows about it. To go there it needs to walk 3 hours, no road for the car.My grandparent’s house was near this place.So we went to my grandparent’s house to prepare things that we took with us, and we find someone that knows everything about that ancient place.We started walking.Men and women that we took to direct us, They ride on horses.The road didn’t end… and we were tired but when we arrived we couldn’t believe our eyes what wonderful view was before us.
Then we go down to some stairs and in end of stairs was the entrance of cave
I never saw in my life so wonderful cave we entered inside cave we saw bats flying on our heads I screamed cause I was scared then we went out of the cave.To look below was 1000 feet deep.
I was speechless I never saw that place in my life.I looked up to the sky I saw eagles and they seemed like they controlled sky of that place.The sound of the voice of eagles, makes me felt like in another world, not my reality.I took a deep breath and I felt the freedom I felt nature I felt wildlife then we went out from the cave and we go deep into the forest to visit an very ancient house since the Illyrian period.
I was so excited that I was so close to visit this ancient house.When I was little my mom told me about this and I always wanted to visit.The road to go at the ancient house was dangerous when I looked down was about 500 feet deep.When I saw up I was without words I saw very big rock and so beautiful.
Then we arrived at the ancient house really I was very surprised how could ancient people build a house in the rock?The view was more than cute I was so happy that finally, I visited this wonderful place.
This experience makes me understand how smart ancient ppl have been and how wonderful things they’ve done to survive, I feel lucky that I saw.And I wanted to share how beautiful my country it is and how undiscovered places exist, like this one.Then we leave this place and we went at Sineci very nice place deep in nature.And then for lunch, we ate Spinach pie so delicious and I will show recipe how u can prepare.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- 10-15 cranks fresh cracked pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 16 oz. frozen cut spinach
- 1 sheet (8 oz.) puff pastry
- 2 Tbsp flour for dusting
- 1 large egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Dice the onion into small pieces and mince the garlic. Cook both in a small skillet with 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat until soft and transparent (about five minutes).
- While the onions and garlic are cooking, prepare the rest of the filling. In a bowl combine the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Mix well. Before adding the spinach, strain it in a colander and press out as much moisture as possible (squeezing handfuls in a fist works well too).
- Once the onions have softened, add them to the cheese/egg mixture along with the squeeze-dried spinach. Stir until well combined.
- Dust a clean work surface with flour and unfold a sheet of puff pastry onto it. Using a rolling pin, roll the puff pastry into a 12 inch by 12-inch square. Drape the rolled dough over a standard 9-inch pie dish.
- Spread the spinach filling evenly inside the pastry lined pie dish. Fold the corners of the pastry back over the top of the filling. It’s okay if they do not fully reach to meet each other. If desired, brush a whisked egg over the top (this will give the surface a glossy appearance after cooking).
- Bake the pie for 45 minutes in a preheated 375-degree oven. Allow the pie to rest for about 5 minutes before cutting to allow the filling to set.